Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > General News > Farewell and Good Luck to our Class of 2023

Farewell and Good Luck to our Class of 2023

This fun-loving class full of characters and three sets of twins will be sorely missed!
11 May 2023
Written by Claire Bunting
General News

The last day of school began with a special Leaver's Assembly hosted by Head of Year 14, Mr. Damian Styles. After an initial farewell and good luck to the boys from Vice Principal Mr. Keown, The OC Society Manager Mr. Murphy, reminded the boys they are all connected and encouraged them to join the OC Society and stay in touch. Vice Principal Mr. Oswald congratulated the class for getting through two years of COVID and their entire journey through school. Mr. Oswald wished them the best of luck with their exams and left them with a few words to consider. Rather than focusing on hopes and dreams he asked them to consider the following piece of wisdom: 

May the road ahead of you be filled with action, not just hope, passion, not just obligation and results, not just planning.

Mr. Styles congratulated the class on everything they have achieved since they started Campbell and how much they have grown individually. A few fun 'awards' were presented by the tutors which Mr Styles commented highlighted the character of the class. He added that it was hard to put into words how much the class meant to him so instead, he left them with a video charting out the years in pictures. 

The assembly was concluded by Head Prefect, Flynn (Dobbin's) who presented a gift to Mr. Styles from the class and some final remarks for all:

'My friends, the time has come for us to say goodbye. How did it all go so fast? It seems like only yesterday that we were boys making the daunting journey up the drive to meet our house and tutor group, struggling to find classes and afraid of the upper sixths. Now we are the upper sixths, the men who now sit before me ready to move forward in the world. Yet at this seminal moment, I can't help looking back. How do we measure the time we've spent in Campbell? In the beginning, we measured it in class periods, counting down the hours and minutes to eventual freedom. As the days and weeks passed, we measured it in terms, and later in years as we moved from being those nervous first years, to becoming sophisticated GCSE students who thought they had it all figured out. By the time we reached lower sixth we were confident that we were prepared to take over from the year above, and we couldn't wait to "rule the school." And now here we stand. Our rule is over, and it's up to the next year to step into our shoes and take over. I know that as I look out at all of you, I will measure my time here in a different way. I will measure it in all the friendships I've enjoyed these last seven years. And when many of our school memories begin to fade, that's how we'll ultimately measure the time we spent here, not in periods or terms or years, but in the bonds we have forged and the times we shared together. I would like to say thank you to the staff who have put up with us throughout our time, in particular Mr Styles. And finally I leave you with a short piece from shakespeare.

'From this day to the ending of the world, But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few,  we band of brothers'

Congratulations to all of our leavers, we wish you the very best for this next chapter ahead! We hope to see many of you back for our Leaver's Assembly on Sunday 14th May at 11.00 am in Centrall Hall.

We leave you with photos from your last day and your playlist, featuring your favourite songs that remind you of your time at Campbell.

Photos from the Leaver's Assembly and the BBQ can be found in our photo gallery below.

Photo gallery

To view this News Article

Similar stories

The Design Team, Grant Bartley (Second from right)

Find out more from the team behind Campbell's new state-of-the-art fitness suite More...

Player Profile #5 Eric

The fifth in our series of CCB Player Profiles features Eric, Captain of the CCB U18 Football Team. Play your part and m… More...

The Project Team

Find out more from the team behind Campbell's new state-of-the-art fitness suite More...

Campbell's Quizzers getting ready for some serious competition!

A roller-coaster night of competitive fun tested the skill and knowledge of Campbell's quizzing Community! More...

A celebration for the 1st XV

Congratulations to our 1st XV for becoming the 2024 Danske Bank Subsidiary Shield winners! More...

Most read

The Design Team, Grant Bartley (Second from right)

Campbell's Quizzers getting ready for some serious competition!

A roller-coaster night of competitive fun tested the skill and knowledge of Campbell's quizzing Community! More...

A final update from Michael Johnston (6875), Johnston Houston and Mark Hanna, Mascott Construction as they hand over the keys to CCB's state-of-the-ar… More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech