Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > General News > Sixth Form Oxbridge Trip

Sixth Form Oxbridge Trip

Students gain inspiration from visits to Cambridge and Oxford
13 Oct 2022
Written by Claire Bunting
General News
Sixth Form group
Sixth Form group

In September, a group of Sixth Form pupils travelled with Mrs Coetzee, Head of Key Stage 5 and Careers and Mr Oswald, Vice-Principal, Curriculum to visit the universities of Oxford and Cambridge. The trip commenced with a trip to Corpus Christi College, Cambridge where the group met with Mr James Davies-Warner, the Admissions and Outreach officer of Corpus Christi. Mr Davies-Warner was incredibly welcoming,offered our students some sage advice and answered their questions about life at Campbridge and the application process. The following day several colleges held an open event giving an insight to studying at Cambridge and further guidance in terms of the application process

Travelling on to Jesus College Oxford, the students were able to attend the full Oxford University Open Day with each of the Colleges and Departments running tailored events.

Alex, Year 14 (School) felt the trip was very worthwhile and he is grateful to have been able to attend. 'It is clear that everyone really cares and enjoys learning and wants to make sure you have the very best educational experience', he noted. 'I also felt that attending would be achieveable, having met many students just like me on my tours. I was suprised how different each of the colleges were, so it's important to visit if you can, to get a sense of the culture within each'.

Niall, Year 13, (Dobbin's) also gained great insight from the trip. 'I got to see how passionate other students were about learning and the level of work required to be a successful applicant. I feel very motivated after the trip and have a good sense of what it would be like to be a student at Oxford or Cambridge, they have such great depth of resources'.

Both students were struck by the differences between the universities but also of the colleges within them. It is definitely important to visit. Not only that, the two towns are also very different - Cambridge being smaller eith a quieter vibe while Oxford feels more like a city.

As part of the 3-day trip it is always customary to experience some of the sights of Cambridge and Oxford, including the obligatory climb up to the top of University Church of St Mary’s tower, a mear 127 steps up to the 742 year old viewpoint of Oxford!

We hope you enjoy the video and photos from the trip in our photo gallery (visible to logged in members)

Similar stories

Campbell's Quizzers getting ready for some serious competition!

A roller-coaster night of competitive fun tested the skill and knowledge of Campbell's quizzing Community! More...

A celebration for the 1st XV

Congratulations to our 1st XV for becoming the 2024 Danske Bank Subsidiary Shield winners! More...

A strong performance from CCB Swim Team

Congratulations to the CCB Swim team for their performance at the Bath Cup. More...

Well done to the Year 13 Debate Team

Year 13 Debate Team impressed the judges to win the BHSCT Healthcare Debate. More...

A proud team and winners of the U18 Schools' Cup

The Campbell College U18 Volleyball team celebrated a superb win to be crowned champions in the U18 Schools' Cup 2024. More...

Most read

A final update from Michael Johnston (6875), Johnston Houston and Mark Hanna, Mascott Construction as they hand over the keys to CCB's state-of-the-ar… More...

A strong performance from CCB Swim Team

Congratulations to the CCB Swim team for their performance at the Bath Cup. More...

Campbell's Quizzers getting ready for some serious competition!

A roller-coaster night of competitive fun tested the skill and knowledge of Campbell's quizzing Community! More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech