Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Spotlight > Spotlight on Prefects - Part II

Spotlight on Prefects - Part II

Some reflections from our Prefects who board at Campbell
27 Jun 2022
Written by Claire Bunting
Spotlight
Class of 2022 Prefects
Class of 2022 Prefects

Last week we posted some reflections from our Head, Deputy Head and Senior Prefects. Today a few of our Prefects who board with us have provided their thoughts on life at Campbell, which is not just their school, it's also thir home.

Harvey – Prefect

I started my journey at Campbell in September of 2015 in first year. What I remember from that day was a mix of different emotions such as being extremely nervous but yet excited at the same time to experience the next chapter of my education, my fondest memory from that day was walking to the front doors of the school to meet with our form tutors as the school’s pipe band welcomed us. But my all-time fondest memory of Campbell was moving in day at boarding at the start of my lower sixth year for that this is when I joined the boarding family and developed friendships that will stick with me for life. Campbell throughout my 7 years has given me many of different opportunities if that be through academics, sports or opportunities to experience the unknown. While at Campbell I was able to experience many of different events and school trips, my fondest would have to the year 11 volleyball trip to Den Haag for that I got to experience the Dutch culture and get coached by incredible volleyball players from the Netherlands and develop my skills as a volleyball player.  During my time at Campbell I was involved in many extracurricular events at Campbell for that I was a member of the rugby team for 5 years as well as playing volleyball from year 8 to year 14, During my senior years in the college while I was a boarder I was involved in homework mentoring which meant I would go and help the year 10 boarders with their homework and be that older brother to them. The thing I will miss about Campbell most is the teacher student relationships that were formed especially in the two years I was in boarding but also the friends that turned into my brothers. Advice that I would give to future Campbellians entering the school in September is that it’s okay to be nervous but its most important to be yourself and not change to fit in and to try every opportunity you can.    

Jude - Prefect

In leaving Campbell I will miss the camaraderie within boarding and the enthusiastic participation of all my peers in house competitions and sporting events. I think Campbell will be a part of every pupil’s lives which they will look back on fondly as it is a place filled with happy memories for myself and many others who have had the privilege of attending. I would say to new pupils joining, just don’t be nervous and the teachers are kinder than you think!

Clayton – Prefect

One of my favourite parts of Campbell is the boarding house, this has given me the opportunity to learn new cultures and make friends with people from all over the world. It has given me the opportunity to be completely independent and take responsibility for myself and my school work, with the help of the boarding staff. A memory I have from Campbell that will always be with me is the 2022 Spring Concert. I was able to perform with a band that my friends and I formed in music class with a student from Lagan, it was an incredible experience being able to perform.

Matthew – Prefect

Campbell College is an ideal place for education, the teachers are supportive, it has a wonderful learning environment and great facilities that caters for everyone’s needs. I’ve been a boarder for 4 years, and I’ve enjoyed every bit of it. You can never get bored here, there’s always something to do. The boarding staff and teachers are caring, they act more like a guardian than a teacher. I can even say it’s a life-changing experience.

Similar stories

Connor and Reese coaching hockey in our Junior School

A conversation with our 'Gappies' More...

A perspective on life at Campbell, from our Junior Boarders More...

Campbell Prefects 2023

Reflections from our Prefects on their time at Campbell More...

The heart of school life at Campbell More...

A conversation with our Digital Technology students about their experience of the Campbell ICT programme. More...

Most read

A final update from Michael Johnston (6875), Johnston Houston and Mark Hanna, Mascott Construction as they hand over the keys to CCB's state-of-the-ar… More...

Campbell's Quizzers getting ready for some serious competition!

A roller-coaster night of competitive fun tested the skill and knowledge of Campbell's quizzing Community! More...

As we near completion of Phase1 of the redevelopment of the CCB Sports Buildings, Old Campbellian and Partner at Johnston Houston - Michael Johnston (… More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech