Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > General News > House Drama returned with a full house!

House Drama returned with a full house!

And some old friends assisted on the judging panel
23 Jan 2023
Written by Claire Bunting
General News

There was much excitement in school about the return of House Drama! After a three year break, it was wonderful to feature House Drama again and our pupils rose to the challenge of the competition with great enthusiasm. There wasn't a spare seat in the house as parents, siblings, teachers and friends joined us for a fabulous evening of unique performances. Each group represented the houses well and as with any competition there can only be one winner. Congratulations to Price's House for the winning performance and to Director Ivan Caughey, School House, for the Director's Prize for School's production of Romeo and Juliet. Look out for a full write up of the event in the upcoming edition of Campbellian Magazine.

Before the event, we spoke with Ross Taylor (10502) and Nathan Braniff (11263) about returning to Campbell and how their involvement in drama at school influenced their careers.

Some final thoughts from Ross...

It was an honour to be invited back to be a judge for the first House Drama competition since 2019. As expected, it was a night to remember with plenty of creativity and confident performances on display. I was especially impressed with the diversity of ages in each group. It can be so meaningful for a younger student to have shared competitive experiences with Senior boys in a respectful and creative atmosphere and House Drama in Campbell will always be the perfect example of how this can be done. 

A huge well done to all the boys. A career in the creative industries can feel rare at times when we have so much focus on academia, I hope that with myself and Nathan's influence you see it is possible! 

...and Nathan

I thoroughly enjoyed being back at the college. I thought that the standard of acting was really high and there were a few young budding actors in there with great futures ahead of them!

Don't forget, tickets are now on sale for the production of The Bridge, an adaptation of the play A View From The Bridge by Arthur Miller. Tickets can be purchased on our events page.

Photo gallery

To view this News Article

Similar stories

Campbell's Quizzers getting ready for some serious competition!

A roller-coaster night of competitive fun tested the skill and knowledge of Campbell's quizzing Community! More...

A celebration for the 1st XV

Congratulations to our 1st XV for becoming the 2024 Danske Bank Subsidiary Shield winners! More...

A strong performance from CCB Swim Team

Congratulations to the CCB Swim team for their performance at the Bath Cup. More...

Well done to the Year 13 Debate Team

Year 13 Debate Team impressed the judges to win the BHSCT Healthcare Debate. More...

A proud team and winners of the U18 Schools' Cup

The Campbell College U18 Volleyball team celebrated a superb win to be crowned champions in the U18 Schools' Cup 2024. More...

Most read

A final update from Michael Johnston (6875), Johnston Houston and Mark Hanna, Mascott Construction as they hand over the keys to CCB's state-of-the-ar… More...

Campbell's Quizzers getting ready for some serious competition!

A roller-coaster night of competitive fun tested the skill and knowledge of Campbell's quizzing Community! More...

The Design Team

Find out more from the team behind Campbell's new state-of-the-art fitness suite More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech